As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s not a good idea to waste any food; therefore, food storage is so crucial that we should take it seriously. Excellent strategies for preserving food such as how to store meat safely may save you an enormous amount of money, and serve both you and your beloved with excellent meals and unforgettable gathering moments.
However, keeping food fresh and tasty for later use may be such a challenging task, in particular, when it comes to different kinds of meat. You will easily risk spoiling or even poisoning your meat if you don’t have proper storage strategies. That’s why we are here today! Keep reading our article to find out some methods on how to store meat safely!
How To Store Meat Safely?
With different types of meat, we need different preserving methods, as well. And today, we divide it into two categories, namely raw meat and cooked meat. Let’s get started to know how to store each one!
One of the best ways to keep raw meat fresh and tasty is freezing. Here are some steps you need to bear in mind if you want to employ this method:
- Firstly, make sure that your meat is still edible by looking through its color and by touch.
- Chop the large piece of fresh meat into smaller ones. Don’t forget to handle it with dry and clean hands so that there are no harmful bacteria.
- Pack them properly in separate bags or boxes. We highly recommend that you should use environmental-friendly bags, as they can protect the meat from absorbing harmful chemicals.
- Place packaged meat on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator. Remember to store it separately from other kinds of food, such as vegetables and groceries!
- It is advisable that your meat should be stored at or below zero temperature to get rid of invading bacteria and remain fresh.
By this way of storing, the meat can be kept fresh and remains tasty for about three or four days! When you want to cook this raw meat, follow strict and safe steps to defrost it by putting it into a bowl of water. A massive amount of water can quickly defrost the meat while still keeps it edible and yummy.
However, bear in mind that never refreeze the defrosted meat if you don’t want your food to go to waste!
Hmm, you and your family members have recently thrown a huge party with various kinds of food and became so full while still had a lot of food left? Don’t immediately throw them away! Follow our below advice on the best way to store cooked meat!
- Divide the leftovers into different portions and put them in separate bags or boxes.
- Store them in the refrigerator, ideally within two or three days. Make sure that you don’t place them near raw food or vegetables!
- When reusing the food, remember to reheat it thoroughly and reuse it only once! The more you heat, the more you are likely to get poisoned!
Anyway, the best method is that you should estimate the exact amount of food you want to consume so that you don’t have to re-cook it time after time.
We bet that you have all thoroughly acknowledged our above tips on how to store meat safely. It’s so wasteful to throw away the food, so consult our advice, and it may be useful sometimes in the future. But now, have a good meal with your family!